当前位置:首页>>博士后之家>>国外博士后>>生活点滴>>正文内容

访问学者博士后感恩节怎么过?(THANKSGIVING DAY)

2019年11月28日
来源:知识人网整理
摘要:今天就是感恩节,知识人网为大家带来感恩节特辑(Thanksgiving Day),各位访问学者博士后快来看看吧!

  今天就是感恩节,知识人网为大家带来感恩节特辑(Thanksgiving Day),各位访问学者博士后快来看看吧!

  THANKSGIVING DAY

  感恩节

  Living abroad while working as visiting scholar or a post-doc is not just about work and research, but also about having fun and learning about new cultures. Thanksgiving commemorates the first shared dinner of the pilgrims with the indigenous people to celebrate the harvest. Thanksgiving is an important holiday celebrated in several countries such as: USA, Canada, Grenada, Liberia, St. Lucia, etc. But each country celebrates it on different dates and the date is different every year.

  在海外做访问学者或博士后,除了工作、研究外,也会学习和体验不同的文化。感恩节设立之初是为了庆祝大丰收,这一天清教徒印第安人土著人民第一次共享晚餐。在许多国家,感恩节都是一个非常重要的节日,例如美国、加拿大、格林纳达,利比里亚,圣卢西亚等。每个国家的节日庆祝时间不同,而且每年的时间也是不一样的。

  è In the U.S., Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November. Therefore this year Thanksgiving will be celebrated on November 28th.

  è 在美国,感恩节是每年十一月的第四个星期四。因此,今年的感恩节是11月28日。

  è In Canada, Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on the second Monday of October. Therefore this year Thanksgiving was celebrated on October 14th.

  è 在加拿大,感恩节是每年十月的第二个星期一。因此,今年的感恩节是10月14日。

Were you invited to a Thanksgiving Dinner?  

受邀赴感恩节晚宴?

  Many people will host thanksgiving dinners for family, friends & coworkers, so if you are invited to a Thanksgiving Dinner, remember to ALWAYS take a little gift with you to the dinner, such as a bottle of wine or a cake for dessert.

  很多人都会为家人、朋友和同事准备感恩节晚宴,如果您也在受邀请之列,记住赴宴的时候带一些小礼物,比如一瓶葡萄酒或蛋糕甜品。

What do we eat on Thanksgiving?

感恩节晚宴都有什么呢?

  v  Turkey  火鸡                              Roasted Vegetables  烤蔬菜

  v  Cranberry sauce   红莓酱                 Pumpkin Pie 南瓜饼

  v  Mashed Potatoes  土豆泥            Peas 豌豆

  v  Corn Bread 玉米面包                      Gravy 肉汁

  v  Salad 沙拉                                    Mac n’ Cheese 芝士通心粉

Thanksgiving Traditions

感恩节传统

Family Gatherings

家庭聚餐

  v  Families get together.

  v  家庭成员团聚。

  v  Quality time is spent with relatives and friends.

  v  与亲友共度美好时光。

  v  Students go back home.

  v  学生放假回家。

Charity

慈善活动

  v  Be thankful and appreciate everything you have.

  v  感恩并感激现在拥有的一切。

  v  Help those who have less.

  v  帮助那些需要帮助的人。

  v  Donate money, clothes, blankets, hygiene products, groceries, etc.

  v  捐赠钱款、衣服、毛毯、卫生用品、日用品等。

  v  Volunteer to serve food at shelters.

  v  主动给收容所(救济站)的人们提供食物。

  v  Visit shelters and spend time with the people.

  v  和收容所(救济站)的人们一起共度时光。

American Football

美式橄榄球

  v  Watch football games.

  v  看橄榄球比赛。

  v  The NFL schedules important matches during the holidays.

  v  节日期间,美国职业橄榄球大联盟都有重要的比赛安排。

  v  Play football either with family, neighbors and/or friends.

  v  和家人、邻居或者朋友一起打橄榄球。

Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade

梅西感恩节大游行

  v  Giant hot-air balloons, music performances and floats.

  v  氦气热气球、现场音乐表演和花车游行。

  v  Held in Manhattan, NYC every year.

  v  每年在纽约曼哈顿举行。

  v  Attend the event or watch it live on TV or any streaming platform.

  v  参加活动或者观看电视/其他平台的活动直播。

  v  There will be thousands of people, and several streets and subway stations will be closed, so get there early to get a good spot.

  v  游行现场人山人海,一些街道或者地铁站将会处于关闭状态,记得早点去占一个视野好的观赏点喔。

  Useful Expressions

  感恩节实用表达

  1.       Thank you for inviting me today. 谢谢您今天邀请我。

  2.       I really appreciate your invitation. I’ll be there! 非常感谢您的邀请,我会赴约的。

  3.       What a lovely dinner/house! I’m so happy you invited me/us.  晚餐非常棒/房子很漂亮!您邀请我/我们过来我真的很开心。

  4.       It is nice to share dinner with all of you. 和您们一起用餐真的很开心。

  5.       I brought some wine/cake. Thanks for the invite! 我带了一些葡萄酒和蛋糕。谢谢您的邀请。

  6.       I’m so glad to be here today. 今天来到这里非常开心。

  7.       I’m happy to have such good colleagues/coworkers/friends. 能有这么好的同事/朋友我真的很开心。

  8.       I’m thankful to be here today.谢谢今天(邀请我)到这里。

  9.       Thank you for having me/us. 谢谢您邀请我/我们。

  10.   Thank you so much for thinking of me and let me join you guys. 谢谢您能想到我,并邀请我加入您们。