当前位置:首页>>博士后之家>>国外博士后>>生活点滴>>正文内容

老外的口头禅:盘点英国人最常说的10句套话

2014年12月08日
来源:网络
摘要:

        对于老外,听到这些话,可能会觉得反感。但是,对于中国人,不妨好好学一下,偶尔用用,反而能增进语感,让native speaker刮目相看。

  1. At the end of the day 最终;总的来说

  Sure we missed our best player but at the end of the day, John, we just didn't play well enough to win the game.

  我们最好的选手不能上场,但是最终来说,还是因为我们发挥得不好,所以无法赢得比赛。

  2. Fairly unique 相当独特(这个短语属于过度修饰,语义不清)

  I am looking for a fairly unique piece of technology.

  我在寻找一种独特的技术。

  3. I personally 我个人(这个短语属于同义重复)

  I personally don't like her.

  我不喜欢她。

  4. At this moment in time 此刻(这个短语也属于语义重复)

  What's your favorite song right at this moment in time?

  此刻你最喜欢的歌是什么?

  5. With all due respect 恕我直言;冒昧的说;我并不想冒犯

  With all due respect, I think there are some facts you have not considered.

  恕我直言,我想你忽略了一些事实。

  6. Absolutely 绝对

  It is absolutely impossible.

  绝对不可能。

  7. It's a nightmare 一场噩梦;太糟糕了

  For Publishing, It's a Nightmare Before Christmas.

  对于出版业来说,圣诞节前发生的事情就像一场噩梦。

  8. Shouldn't of 这个短语等于shouldn't have,意为“不应该”,从语法看,是不正确的,但是在口头表达中经常使用。

  I shouldn't of had the beer!

  我不该喝啤酒

  9. 24/7 不间断的;全天候的

  24/7 support is a critical part of our offer.

  一周7天,每天24小时的售后服务,是我们最重要的承诺。

  10. It's not rocket science 显而易见的;常见的;另一种说法是it doesn't take a rocket scientist

  We're talking basic common sense here - it isn't rocket science.

  我们在这里说的是常识,又不是高深莫测的东西。